Wednesday 5 September 2012

Some things I find ridiculous

If you have ever seen something so bizarre that it made no sense whatsoever, you know what I mean. Ideas, rules, objects, and even people who shouldn't exist. Well, the people should exist, but tell me, for example, what is the point of the ancient greeter lady at Wal-mart or Costco? Why don't they hire an attractive, younger girl or guy that people don't have to avoid when pushing their cart to the van?
The old lady with the blue hair handing out last weeks flyer to your dog isn't helping anybody.
Another thing I find exceptionally ridiculous is advertisements. Particularly the ones on the radio featuring a mattress sale for temperpedic mattresses. From sleep country. Why buy a mattress anywhere else? Because your ad not only frankly stinks, but it is played constantly over and over again, gumming up my song time. The second worst ads are those monotone-voice-no-background-music-lady-with-the-clogged-nose-ads. Usually for a dentist office grand opening or something equally boring.

Last pet peeve.

This is the big one.

Parents. Oh, yeah.

They are my parents, and I still love them and am grudgingly obliged to respect them and do what they want.
However, they are ridiculous. I don't mean totally illogical and inconsiderate, but sometimes they make no sense at all. If I sing songs around the house, my mom freaks out. If I skateboard, she complains it's too noisy. If I do anything, she will come up with a completely invalid excuse why I'm doing it wrong. Even if it's helping her.

Oh, and then there's dad. Get this straight - I'm not knocking him. He's an ok guy, he's by no means my enemy(mostly), and we agree on a lot of subjects.
Ties is not one of them. I hate ties. They feel like a totally useless item of clothing that does not need to be strangling you in church. But NOOO. I have to wear it and tuck my shirt in. The other thing is golf. He golfs. Terribly. I'm not saying I'm any better, because I'm a million times worse, but he has brainwashed himself into thinking he's a pro. In my opinion, which apparently stinks, golf is not a legitimate sport. It is a game. Like bowling. Or curling. Or scrabble. Hockey, soccer, baseball, and volleyball are sports. Golf, however, is a game.
That's my dad. He's a bit quirky, likes control, and has a bigger mouth than I do, but all in all he's alright.
My parents are, as parents go, pretty ridiculous.

Oh well, ya can't beat em' all!
When they finally decide to read my blog, they aren't gonna be happy. My mom will probably freak out. Hit the bomb shelter, we are under attack! My dad will snort and pretend he cares.

Till my next blog, cause this is way too long!

1 comment:

  1. I understand y ur mom hates ur singing... heard it myself... :P

    wonder how long this post will be "allowed" to stay hehe

    ReplyDelete