Friday 13 July 2012

Feeling like a farmer.

So for the past couple days I have been "haying" with the Naves at the Vis farm. Not being a farmer, I'm skinny and not really talented at working on the farm. However, Amanda has trained me on how to do the hay bales, throwing them on the elevator and stuff like that. So now I feel pretty hardcore. At first I thought it was going to be super hard work- turns out its not as bad as I thought it would be. It's been pretty hot out though. For all the farm boys out there, I give you credit. You work like dogs. However I'm no country boy. I'm a skater.

For the record, Amanda is probably the toughest girl I know. The way she works that farm is pretty neat. Makes me look like a child. Kevin's pretty fast too, bounding with enough energy to power Toronto for six and a half years.

3 comments:

  1. BAhaha its hard work when you are on the wagon by yourselve!!! I am proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its not that bad- we were unloading the wagons coming in - they have a chute for baling so we dont have to throw

      Delete
  2. lol. and i was pretty proud of myself for weeding radishes all day today.. my hands are stained black from all the dirt:P

    ReplyDelete